My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: AZ I was pulled over yesterday for being in violation of ARS 28-775.E2 E. If a person who drives a vehicle approaches a stationary vehicle and the stationary vehicle is giving a signal by displaying alternately flashing lights or is displaying warning lights, the person shall do either of the following: 1. If on a highway having at least four lanes with at least two lanes proceeding in the same direction as the approaching vehicle, proceed with due caution and if possible, with due regard to safety and traffic conditions, yield the right-of-way by making a lane change into a lane not adjacent to that of the stationary vehicle. 2. If changing lanes would be impossible or unsafe, proceed with due caution and reduce the speed of the vehicle, maintaining a safe speed for road conditions. Here are some details. Police Officer 1 had pulled somebody over and was off of the roadway. Police Officer 2 (about 2 vehicles in front of me) approaches the location of PO1, turning on his lights ahead of time he then proceeds to stop in the middle of traffic (right lane) PO2's actions force myself and one other vehicle to merge quickly. I was in a group of approximately 5-6 vehicles all bumper to bumper (speed dictated by group as I couldn't safely change my speed to go faster or slower) As soon as I passed PO2 I merged back into the right lane. PO2 got right back in his vehicle and proceeded to pull me over. Now... E2 says that I have to reduce my speed, maintaining a safe speed for road conditions...I reduced my speed and as it was a clear and sunny day in AZ the road conditions were fine. My understanding of the law is that Police officers are required to follow the law just the same as everyone else...he was not driving in response to an emergency call, in pursuit of an actual or sspected violator of the law or responding to a fire alarm...so what business did he have stopping in the middle of the road when the PO1 was safely off of the roadway? In fact the law states that no person shall stop on the roadway side of a vehicle stopped or parked at the edge or curb of a street... Does he have a case? Should I just pay the ticket? I haven't had a ticket in over 8 years...just a little annoyed by this is all.