Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

+ Reply to Thread
    + Post New Thread
    1. CPU Temps Too High My i7 4770 temps seem to be much higher than the average user. Running on stock cooler. No thermal paste besides the 3 strips that comes with the Intel fan. Idle: 50C~ Low Load: 55C - 70C High Load:

My i7 4770 temps seem to be much higher than the average user. Running on stock cooler. No thermal paste besides the 3 strips that comes with the Intel fan.

Idle: 50C~
      Low Load: 55C - 70C
      High Load: ~88C

90% of my games don't push higher than 75C but there are certain games that push it close to 90C and sometimes i get BSODs although i can't confirm if it's due to game/ driver conflicts or if it's really due to the high temps. I even get ocassional BSODs when flash is running on Firefox so it may not really be a temp issue.

Either way, those do not seem like healthy temps at all and i would like to fix that.

I'm alright with building my PC but when it comes to cooling, options, i'm blur as hell. Would take me a full day to figure out how to install custom coolers/ layout for case fans.

I'm currently using a cm690 case with a side window and only have 2/5 case fans installed. Here's the inside of my case: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...g?t=1375956766 And yea my 7970 is a bit lopsided when i connect the pci-e power cables, don't know how to fix that.

Would it be possible to bring my whole case to a shop like PC Themes and ask them to help me install case fans+custom cooler(bought from them of course) without having to dismantle everything by myself? Do they provide such services if you aren't building an entire PC with them?

Thanks in advance. Pai seh for the long post.

2. Re: CPU Temps Too High My i7 4770 temps seem to be much higher than the average user. Running on stock cooler. No thermal paste besides the 3 strips that comes with the Intel fan. Idle: 50C~ Low Load: 55C - 70C High Lo

You can get a CPU cooler.. cheap one would be CM Hyper 212 EVO...

Also, try adding more fans. Set the top as intake, rear as exhaust and front as intake. Or you can also add 2 more at the sides as intake.

Lastly, try to tie the cables up a bit, so that it does no block the airflow...

But, i must say.. that is a lousy case.. No CPU cutout, not much holes for cable management... Since there is no CPU cutout, you would need to remove everything just to install a 3rd party cpu cooler.

3. Re: CPU Temps Too High My i7 4770 temps seem to be much higher than the average user. Running on stock cooler. No thermal paste besides the 3 strips that comes with the Intel fan. Idle: 50C~ Low Load: 55C - 70C High Lo

Thanks for the recommendation. My temps sky rocket the most when i'm running video encoding software. To be honest i don't mind a higher end CPU cooler. Upgraded from an i5 760 and i doubt i will be upgrading this CPU anytime soon.

Noted about the cables, i'll see what i can do. I usually leave them hanging like that so i can replace them easily.