Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

+ Reply to Thread
    + Post New Thread
    1. OS X: Is it worth to upgrade? from Snow Leopard to Mavericks

This is my MAC pro (mid 2010):
      Processor: 2.4Ghz
      RAM: 4.0GB
      Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 320M (256MB) I see more and more games for 10.7 and 10.8 only, soon enough, people say september 10.9 will be out...for using gmail and facebook a change of OS is not really needed, but I'd like to game..

Is upgrading the solution?
      For running XCOM:Enemy Unknown minimum requirements
      Processor: 2.0Ghz
      RAM: 4.0GB (or 8 if you have an NVIDIA 320m)
      Graphics: 256MB so even if if upgrade my lame graphic card will stop me, because I don't have 8GB RAM!

if yes, to which system upgrade? is it worth waiting 10.9?
      maybe for gaming purposes 10.7 is actually better than 10.8, or there is no expectation that 10.9 will be worth waiting for gaming..

I hope you can help me make my mind!

2. Re: OS X: Is it worth to upgrade? from Snow Leopard to Mavericks

I can't speak too much about gaming performance with what you have but any upgrade will run Facebook faster. Even the jump from 10.7 to 10.8 was definitely noticeable in the web speed department.

3. Re: OS X: Is it worth to upgrade? from Snow Leopard to Mavericks

There's no doubt that Safari will be snappier, too.

4. Re: OS X: Is it worth to upgrade? from Snow Leopard to Mavericks

Is it possible to upgrade the system to 8 gigs of RAM? 3rd party memory is cheap if the system will accept more. That would solve one problem.

Otherwise, I think you answered your own question. If what you want to play has system requirements for a newer version of OS X, the choice is pretty clear I'd say.