Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

+ Reply to Thread
    + Post New Thread
    1. z87 motherboard Asus vs Asrock

Which Motherboard does the [H] user recommend. Looking for the best performance and over clock. Budget >$250 for a motherboard.

Useful sheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Xc&output=html

Useful benchmark:
      http://www.ocaholic.ch/modules/smart...=0&itemid=1007

ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO $229.99 + i7 4770k = $526.78 (Looks, probably use a discrete sound card though)
      ASUS Sabertooth Z87 + i7 4770k = $529.98 (5 yr warranty)
      ASRock Z87 Extreme4 Combo + i7 4770k = $423.98 (12 phase)
      ASUS Z87-A + i7 4770k = $413.38

2. Re: z87 motherboard Asus vs Asrock

I guess you can't go with mATX? The Maximus Gene line is so nice. Since you're considering a Hero you don't seem interested in multiple GPU's correct? Any Asus board over $180 with VRM coolers preinstalled will OC the way you want them to. The higher up you go the more exotic monitoring and other features (wireless) you get.

3. Re: z87 motherboard Asus vs Asrock

I have always had good results with Gigabyte so I would consider the Z87X-OC

4. Re: z87 motherboard Asus vs Asrock

I have always had good results with Gigabyte so I would consider the Z87X-OC
      Have seen good stuff done with this board and it's sibling...

5. Re: z87 motherboard Asus vs Asrock

Of the choice's listed, the hero impresses me the most. But to be honest, gigabyte's and msi's z87 motherboards are the ones I would go with.

6. Re: z87 motherboard Asus vs Asrock

I personally like the ASUS Hero. It omits most of the useless add-ons other OC centric boards have. My only gripe is that it only has an HDMI port.

7. Re: z87 motherboard Asus vs Asrock

I just ordered the Gigabyte Z87X-OC for under $200 delivered. Best price I could find.

I also considered the MSI Z87 Mpower MAX and the Asus ROG Z87 VI Hero.

Chose the Z87X-OC mainly because its supposed to be designed for maximum over clocking and has received some good reviews and I have seen some nice over clocks from it.

I like the many features of the Mpower MAx and the massive 20 Phase VRM power design and I like the VI HEro vRM design and build quality along with the nice audio for gaming and other network features. These boards offer alot for the money.

It was a hard choice and I went with the bare bones of the group because its strength is supposed to be over clocking.

My first Gigabyte MB.

I really am not certain about building a haswell RIG but I've had fun with IB and now I want to see what HW has. From what I have seen Haswell sucks.

Good luck.