Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

+ Reply to Thread
    + Post New Thread
    1. Urgent: In need of serious help to gain weight

Hi, I'm new on here today got recommended by a follower on Tumblr who's showed concern regarding my anorexia and told me I might be able to seek help and advise on here. I'm having a lot of trouble understanding what it is I need to do to be able to gain weight as well as what I should be eating.
      At the moment I'm 44kgs, 179cms height and my BMI is just under 13% so I'm risking going into hospital again. The doctors keep telling me to eat foods that will increase my iron storage but I was wondering if there's anything I can take to help supplement wise? Also my stomach has shrunk to a dangerously low size so is there anything I can eat small amounts of that will give me the protein ext I need to gain weight.
      If anyone has any tips or advise as to what I could do to get better I'm willing to try anything and everything and your shared ideas will my much appreciated.
      I hope anyone on here can help me I'm seeing a nutritionist in the upcoming month so any help would mean the world to me.

Thank you for your time. Maddie.

2. Re: Urgent: In need of serious help to gain weight

Peanut butter? dense in calories and has some protein. Or try to make your own weight gainer shake.

3. Re: Urgent: In need of serious help to gain weight

Under these circumstances I suggest you ask your doctors about any supplement/diet questions you have. We are not medical professionals and (I hope) most people here would be too hesitant to advise a 17 year old about something like this. Best of luck with your recovery.

4. Re: Urgent: In need of serious help to gain weight

Under these circumstances I suggest you ask your doctors about any supplement/diet questions you have. We are not medical professionals and (I hope) most people here would be too hesitant to advise a 17 year old about something like this. Best of luck with your recovery.
      Agreed.^^

If you're having problems getting in food, use more liquid calories and healthy fats. This is a quick way to get your calories up.

Good luck and get healthy.