Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

+ Reply to Thread
    + Post New Thread
    1. Tracfone Browser Upgrade in Straight Talk Phone?

Hi - I've tried to research this on these forums before posting.
      Last week (after my phone suddenly froze), the native browser on my Samsung/ Straight Talk/ Verizon phone changed its home page.
      The new home page (I can no longer access it) had the Tracfone, ST and other logos, and said, "To enhance your browser, enter your phone number and press send." The webpage included a place to enter my number. I did not do this. It's odd that ST would need my phone number for an app upgrade on my phone.
      This page came up repeatedly for a few days, then stopped appearing.
      Now the regular browser doesn't work right - it won't zoom anymore and it won't go to mobile versions of websites - every page browsed is the regular website. And without zoom, of course nothing is readable.
      So ...
      1. Does anybody know about this?
      2. How can I get my browser working again?
      3. Is there a way to reload the browser app?
      4. Is there a way to scan a phone for viruses? Any recommended apps?

Thanks.

2. Re: Tracfone Browser Upgrade in Straight Talk Phone?

tracfone has nothing to do with android browser and those updates would be pushed to the phone.

i suspect something bad happened. reset your phone to factory and change all your passwords if you want to be safe

3. Re: Tracfone Browser Upgrade in Straight Talk Phone?

Well, okay. But the browser that came with my phone - "android browser" (whatever that is - I haven't heard of it). It is different than the browser on my previous android phone (HTC). I'm hoping for some more specific information before I go nuclear with my phone. Thanks for your reply.

tracfone has nothing to do with android browser and those updates would be pushed to the phone.

i suspect something bad happened. reset your phone to factory and change all your passwords if you want to be safe

4. Re: Tracfone Browser Upgrade in Straight Talk Phone?

sure. i gave you as much specfic information as you provided. good luck.

5. Re: Tracfone Browser Upgrade in Straight Talk Phone?

How did you know it's Android? Aren't there any Samsung feature phones on Straight Talk Verizon? Probably is Android, since they owned another Android. Just wondering if it's not. However, there are Android malware at various sketchy websites...

Still the other is good advice about the factory reset.

I also keep recent image backups to restore.

Hi - I've tried to research this on these forums before posting.
      Last week (after my phone suddenly froze), the native browser on my Samsung/ Straight Talk/ Verizon phone changed its home page. .
      Tell us EXACTLY the phone and phone model you have.

Samsung/Straight Talk/Verizon is like saying you have a black Ford or a grey Dell.