West African Examination Council (WAEC)
- West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) for private candidates informs candidates that the Nov/Dec WASSCE Examination 2013 is in progress.
Intending candidates for the Nov/Dec WASSC Examination 2013 for private candidates are hereby informed that the registration will be online.
Candidates must conclude registration within 2 weeks of 1st access to the website during the registration period. They should ensure that their names, gender, passport photographs, date of birth, subjects and disabilities (if any) are correct. They are also to print the admission notice/photocard as evidence of successful registration. This will serve as their photo card during the examination.
Blind/Visually Impaired Candidates
Blind and other visually impaired candidates will also register on-line like sighted candidates but they must clearly state their disabilities e.g blind, low vision, etc.
Method of Payment
- Candidates should view the Information VCD before they register for the examination.
- Candidates should note that examination fees are not refundable.
- Candidates must print the examination Timetable at the completion of their registration.
- Entries must be submitted with good quality black and white photographs, not “wait and get” or coloured passport size. The background of such photographs MUST NOT BE BLUE OR RED. The size should be 275 by 314 pixels.
- Candidates should study the Regulations and Syllabuses as well as the Timetable for the examination which they can download from WAEC website using their registration PIN.
- All candidates must go to their examination halls in mufti and without arms. No professional uniform of any kind will be allowed in the examination halt.
- The entire results of candidates who make more than one entry will be cancelled.
- Smoking is not allowed in the examination hall.
- Any candidate that comes into the examination hall with mobile phone and / or electronic or communication gadgets will have his or her entire result cancelled.
- All candidates must ensure that their entries are correctly uploaded, as the Council will not be held responsible for errors in candidates’ particulars. No request for correction will be entertained on any information which a candidate voluntarily gives at the point of registration.
- Candidates who engage in examination malpractice will not only have their results cancelled but may be prosecuted. (12) Candidates must come into the examination halt with their original photocards.
Candidates are expected to pay a registration fee of N9,100.00 Naira only, through any First Bank Branch nationwide, via 1st collect solution. Candidates must collect the e-Receipt containing the registration PIN/code, as well as the registration kit containing the information VCD and result checker scratch card, before leaving the Banking Hall. Candidates should note that the First Bank is allowed to charge N250.00 Naira only, as commission.
The normal registration period is from 8/Apr/2013 to 7/Jul/2013. However, late registration is allowed from 8/Jul/13 to 4/Aug/13 with a penalty fee of N10,000.00 Naira only, in addition to the normal fee. After payment, candidates should log on to www.waeconline.org.ng
for registration. Candidates should also note that the registration procedure has been designed to accommodate biometric features that will be used for validation during examinations at examination centres.