Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

+ Reply to Thread
    + Post New Thread
    1. Re: Neighbor's Fence Footings On/Under My Property

2. Re: Re: Neighbor's Fence Footings On/Under My Property

Yes, you can ask (and yes, ask a court to order it if comes to that) him to remove anything that is on your side of the line. You can also agree to leave them there (and if they are actually underground and not causing you any actual damage it might be the best solution) with the understanding it is a permitted encroachment. That way he cannot claim later on that he has a prescriptive easement to be able to leave the concrete there should you need it removed for some reason.

3. Re: Re: Neighbor's Fence Footings On/Under My Property

Yes, you can ask (and yes, ask a court to order it if comes to that) him to remove anything that is on your side of the line. You can also agree to leave them there (and if they are actually underground and not causing you any actual damage it might be the best solution) with the understanding it is a permitted encroachment. That way he cannot claim later on that he has a prescriptive easement to be able to leave the concrete there should you need it removed for some reason.
      Thank you for your reply. I plan to fight so if I sue, what are my chances of winning? I don't want to waste my money unless I know I will win 100%. Just to let you know, the fence was erected 2 weeks ago.