The news gotten from Minister of Education, Prof. Ruqayyatu Rufai and officials of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU)on tuesday, in other to avert the impending strike by the union.
In a motion brought to the floor of the House by Rep Bashir Babale, PDP, Kano, said that it is becoming worrisome that university lecturers would have to be embarking on strikes to force government meet its obligations on issues that have been agreed upon in the best interest of the nationís tertiary education.
In the interest of the nationís education sector Babale urged the House to quickly intervene with a view to avert the impending strike which ultimatumexpires in nine days.
Hon Osai Osai (PDP, Delta) who seconded the motion said without proper education the nationís democracy cannot survive and that if university education collapses, it will affect other sectors in the nation.
He also said that it is wrong for the government to allow a reminiscent of the 2009 strike which was called off after the government reached an agreement with ASUU and that the impending strike is the failure of the 2009 agreement.
The resolution was unanimously accepted when Speaker Aminu Waziri Tambuwal put it to vote.
- RIVER STATE UNIVERSITY MATRICULATION HOLD 13th OF MARCH, 2013
- ASUU PLAN NEW STRIKE MARCH 13TH,2013
- Nuhu Bamalli Polytechnic, Zaria, NUBAPOLY Matriculation Holds 13th March, 2013
- Nuhu Bamalli Polytechnic, Zaria 2012/2013 Matriculation Holds 13th March, 2013
- Discontinue pension plan? Hi All, In March 2011 my FA set up a Stakeholder Pension Plan for me which is run by Legal & General. The money I pay into my plan is paid into 10 funds. Since March 2011, it